Based in our beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver office, come lead a high energy and fast moving Claims team. While Wawanesa Insurance is a 120 year old brand, we have our sights fixed on aggressively pursuing Canadian and US growth opportunities. As the 8th largest P&C Insurer in Canada with a goal to move into the top 5 within the next several years, we are looking for a strong leader to be part of a transformative team that is committed to providing an exceptional customer experience, superior claims service, and a rewarding environment for our staff.
The Claims Manager contributes to Wawanesa’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience by providing leadership to the claims team focusing on the achievement of departmental, regional and corporate key business goals and customer service standards.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Provide leadership, mentorship and development to the claims team
- Ensure efficient and effective performance of staff to ensure claim service levels and customer service
- Identify and address training and developmental needs within the department
- Provide direction on complex files
- Work with Human Resources to ensure staff vacancies are filled
- Ensure compliance with corporate reporting standards
- Execute annual review of claims files for quality and service
- Conduct employee performance management and salary review process
- Submit annual department budget and monitor variances
- Maintain positive relationships with local industry and regulatory bodies
- Remain up-to-date with changes to legislation and trends in the insurance industry
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Some travel will be required
- 10+ years insurance claims experience, including 2+ years of people management experience
- College Diploma or University Degree (experience may substitute for education)
- Chartered Insurance Professional Designation (or equivalent Property and Casualty industry designation) and a desire to continue involvement in the local Insurance industry
- Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent knowledge of policy wordings all lines of business, corporate guidelines, policies and procedures
- Ability to coach, guide, and positively motivate employees
- Exceptional advanced negotiation skills
Accomodations are available upon request.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan) and generous paid time-off (vacation, 5 personal days/year, 1 community day/year, sick days). This is a full-time, permanent position (37.50 hours per week). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging, including Extended Health, Dental, Life, AD&D and LTD. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
To apply, visit the posting on our careers website: https://rt11.ultipro.ca/waw5000/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*5FEDB5CB7906D9D6
More search results
Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers - 286844
Claims Representative II – Bodily Injury
The Co-operators - 346886
Regional Compliance Officer- Toronto Office
BFL Canada Risk and Insurance
Property Field Claims Advisor
Desjardins Generail Insurance Group
Commercial LInes CSR/Account Manager
OTC Insurance Brokers Inc.