- Federated Insurance
- Burnaby, BC
- Job Category
- Sales and Business Development
- Job Type
The Commercial Insurance Sales Agent (CISA) is responsible for the development and implementation of an effective business plan and sales strategy for an assigned territory, including specific goals for managing loss ratios as well as risk management. The CISA is a highly self-motivated individual, driven to achieve new sales while retaining existing clients to achieve a balanced portfolio of profitable and sustainable business. While driven to achieve sales targets and exceed customer expectations, the CISA is an active participant in ongoing product training and professional development in a sales capacity. The CISA must obtain the appropriate license(s) within the time frame published by the licensing body in BC and is expected to obtain the mandatory continuing education credit hours required to renew all licenses.
What you will be doing:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with potential new clients while sustaining target client retention rates.
- Setting and meeting annual business plan objectives including all Marketing and Association programs and launches.
- Ensuring activity and production meets or exceeds company performance expectations.
- Developing a viable risk analysis for the assigned territory on an annual basis, and developing strategies to address substandard business, while achieving an acceptable loss ratio in the territory.
- Supporting the implementation of risk services for clients.
- Developing effective working relationships with members of the Underwriting and Risk Services Team to deliver a quality product and an exceptional customer experience to our clients.
- Delivering weekly territory results and completing annual client reviews.
- Participation in Association functions as deemed appropriate by the District Sales Manager.
- Obtains the appropriate license(s) within the time frames published by the licensing body in BC.
- Obtains the mandatory continuing education credit hours required to renew all licenses held by the CIS during the current license period.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience working in a sales capacity and in developing successful sales strategies.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to work within a broad geographical area.
- Strong leadership skills, professionalism and personal integrity.
What sets you apart:
- Excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Solid comprehension skills and mathematical aptitude.
- Goal orientated; able to articulate goals clearly and develop timelines for each goal.
- Ability to establish rapport easily and adapt to different audiences.
- Initiative with the ability to focus on opportunities and solutions.
What We Have to Offer:
- Northbridge Cares program – volunteer day and donation matching
- Flexible Group Benefits Plan – medical, dental, insurances
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan + Optional Group RRSP
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance plan
- Staff Insurance - discount on home, automobile and pet insurance
- Plus, the opportunity to contribute to the success of Federated through sharing your knowledge and experience while learning from others!
Federated welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by the deadline date.
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
More search results
Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers - 286844
Claims Representative II – Bodily Injury
The Co-operators - 346886
Regional Compliance Officer- Toronto Office
BFL Canada Risk and Insurance
Property Field Claims Advisor
Desjardins Generail Insurance Group
Commercial LInes CSR/Account Manager
OTC Insurance Brokers Inc.