10+ years working in Casualty Insurance.
Minimum Education: Post-Secondary education and industry designation or willing to obtain CIP designation. Must be able to obtain adjusting license in NB & PEI.
Investigating, interpreting coverage, negotiating and making decisions autonomously to resolve complex automobile Accident Benefit Claims. Examining claims that take place in the Maritimes (NS, NB, & PEI). This position is based out of the Bedford, NS office.
Job requirements and responsibilities:
- Collaborating with clients, physicians, treatment providers, employers and rehabilitation workers in the development, approval and implementation and monitoring of case management plans for clients
- Managing complex files in defense litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Provide exceptional client service in accordance with our claims service and policy and procedures guides.
- Need to be proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and computer systems in general
- Correspondence with Broker network regarding claims
- Qualify and maintain Adjusting License in NS, NB & PEI
- Bilingual is an asset but not a requirement
- Some travel may be required but would be limited
- Competitive Salary
- Defined Pension Plan
- Health Spending Account, Dental Plan and Optional Medical Plan
- Short term and Long Term Disability Plan
- Personal Days
- Paid Education Plan with Bonuses
The Portage la Prairie Mutual Insurance Company was Chartered October 2, 1884, based on the underlying principles of security, integrity, hard work and personalized service. Over the years, we've made a lot of changes in the way we do business. We've expanded our products and services and built a reputation as one of the most responsive property and casualty insurers in Canada. But the underlying principles that guide our company -and the friendly, small town style of doing business- remain the same.
As a 100 per cent Canadian-owned mutual insurance Company, the success of Portage Mutual depends upon serving policyholders with fairness, and showing genuine concern for their security. We do this by providing reasonably priced, flexible insurance products and by supporting our brokers with exemplary service.
At Portage Mutual, we believe that doing business with integrity never goes out of style. It is as important today as it was when we began over 130 years ago, and it is part of what makes Portage Mutual customers so loyal.
More search results
Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers - 286844
Claims Representative II – Bodily Injury
The Co-operators - 346886
Regional Compliance Officer- Toronto Office
BFL Canada Risk and Insurance
Property Field Claims Advisor
Desjardins Generail Insurance Group
Commercial LInes CSR/Account Manager
OTC Insurance Brokers Inc.