Property Underwriter Level 2
The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group is not just another insurance company; we are a P&C Mutual company with solid grass roots within our community. We’re proud to be a leader within the P&C industry offering a Mutual experience rich with history, opportunity and exceptional customer service. We are committed to profitable growth, team development, ingenuity, while having fun at work. We encourage a work-life balance and we are serious about what we do.
Property Underwriter – Level 2
Available in our Lindsay, Perth or Alexandria Office
As a Property Underwriter, your primary role will be to evaluate Farm and Residential Property business for acceptability and rating. Working within a team environment, you will provide calculations for policies, inspection assignments, and support to our broker and agent force. As an experienced insurance professional you confidently demonstrate the following key skills:
- Strong knowledge of underwriting all classes of residential risks, farm risks and non-package products,
- Understanding of and ability to read/interpret residential policy wordings, including underwriting of Excess and Umbrella liability insurance,
- Strong knowledge of residential heating, electrical, roofing and plumbing,
- Working knowledge of Commercial General Liability and Commercial Property insurance as it relates to Farm and Agri-entertainment risks,
- Sound judgement and decision making abilities,
- Strong knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office programs,
- Effective communication skills to interact with various internal and external contacts,
- Ability to work confidently under pressure and multi task,
- Superior customer service mindset,
- CIP designation is considered ideal,
- Direct experience in the field of insurance specific to underwriting and completion of post-secondary education or equivalent experience/education.
- The level of the role will be driven by the candidate’s experience and skill-set.
- Experience in other lines of business (i.e. auto, commercial auto, commercial property) would be considered an asset
Go to thecommonwell.ca and visit our application site from there to view the detailed role description and submit your application by July 9, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their applications, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Commonwell is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring barrier free employment. Contact (705) 324-2146 or email@example.com for more information on accommodation.