Account Executive - Commercial
- Foster Park Brokers Inc.
- Langley, BC
- AE- BC
- Job Category
- Insurance, Sales and Business Development
- Job Type
This role is responsible for assisting the branch with the growth of the existing client base and ensuring the day-to-day management of those client accounts. A good understanding of commercial insurance and insurance markets is required to ensure appropriate insurance coverage is applied.
- Prospecting and acquiring new clients;
- Act as Account Executive on the book of business; gathering information from prospects/clients, assessing their insurance needs and developing a risk profile for proper assessment of the risk by underwriters;
- Working with our marketing department, researching insurance companies' risk appetites and negotiating with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best price; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors;
- Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients including scheduling and attending meetings and understanding the nature of clients’ businesses;
- Creating and presenting proposals to prospects/clients based on underwriting quotations outlining all changes, sub-limits, exclusions, deductibles, warranties required, and attach updated loss runs
- Collecting insurance premiums and processing accounts.
- Responsible for renewing or endorsing/amending existing policies;
- Advising clients whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies and acting as a claims advocate;
- Administrative tasks such as dealing with paperwork, correspondence, keeping detailed records, recording all transactions accurately and in compliance with procedures;
- Keeping up with changes in the insurance market and in the clients' industries;
- Initiate and maintain good working relationships with underwriters;
- Attend relevant internal and external training sessions and seminars; and
- Work closely with entire team to ensure all goals of team are met; back up in times of holidays/short staffing as needed.
- A consultative sales professional, with a strong focus and a commitment to client sales and service, collaboration and team environment;
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others (internal/external clients);
- Work effectively to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance productivity/effectiveness;
- Technical understanding of various commercial insurance products and application to various client businesses and exposures;
- Ability to prioritize daily activities and solve work related problems;
- Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of clients to meet expectations; and
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Experienced working in commercial insurance sales as an Account executive or looking for the next step from Account Manager into sales.
- Level II General License
- CAIB, CIP, CRM or FCIP an asset
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, TAM, Policy Works
- Understand regulatory board expectations and regulations.
- Knowledge of commercial Underwriting and understanding of insurance markets
- Understanding of Property, Liability, Crime, Directors and Officers, Errors and Omissions, Cyber etc.
- Office Environment
- Travel required
Submit Resume in Confidence to:
Dawn-Anne Finley, B. Mngt, CAIB.
Operations Manager, Partner
Foster Park Brokers Inc.
Foster Park Brokers Inc. is a truly independent insurance brokerage. As one of Alberta's largest independent insurance brokers, we are able to provide a team focused and rewarding work environment. What makes us different? We strongly believe in cultivating an environment of collaboration, innovation and integrity - key ingredients to our continuous growth. FPB has a supportive environment and believe in a culture that truly embraces work-life balance, allowing you to enjoy your career as well as other important areas of your life (like family and friends)!
Our experience and expertise comes from a talented and enjoyable group of people. We are always searching for those individuals who are passionate about what they do, are customer service driven and believe in working together to achieve results. We offer a great place to work and provide a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Plus, we have a positive work environment, where we work hard but we still love to have fun!