Underwriting Assistant – Commercial Lines
We Challenge you to find an Insurance Company that is more fun to work at.
Our friendly work environment provides one of light-hearted collaboration, employee focused recognition and employer funded career growth.
“The staff and management have been welcoming, friendly and approachable. The environment is encouraging, stimulating and supportive. Recognition is given for individual merit and contribution however there is an overwhelming sense of unity throughout the company. Social interaction is promoted through various activities, treats & lunches, volunteer opportunities are endless and further education is encouraged” – Underwriter since 2014
Our highly differentiating benefits are premium free with eligibility on your first day, flexibility within your job and your day and transparency in management communications.
With over 120 years of experience as a national insurance provider with combined assets of more than 7 billion, we can give you a stable work environment in which you can flourish in your career.
We welcome you to join our established, profitable, national organization and become part of our family.
Working under general supervision, the Underwriting Assistant is responsible for providing general office support to the underwriting department while providing a superior service experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform data entry activities.
- Assist with customer inquiries; including payment processing where applicable.
- Distribute work to underwriters.
- Perform follow up activities for policy transactions.
- Prepare, sort and distribute of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Perform daily filing activities.
- Provide switchboard and reception relief.
- Ensure all resource materials are kept up to date, including training materials.
- Work effectively towards the goals of the team.
- Build positive working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma.
- Post-secondary education an asset.
- Willingness to enroll in a Property and Casualty Industry Designation or certificate.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Join a Canadian success story!
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, please apply online at www.wawanesa.com today