Senior Operational Auditor (Underwriting)
Senior Operational Auditor - Underwriting
Wawanesa Insurance is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada. With over 3,000 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders, who are our owners. As an employer, we provide an environment that is respectful, challenging and rewarding. As a corporate citizen, we actively give back to organizations that strengthen communities where we operate, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
Our Internal Audit Department is continuously working towards enhancing audit services in support of new strategic initiatives. These initiatives have led to rapid company growth and the creation of new roles within the Internal Audit Department at our Executive Office. We are seeking experienced candidates that are interested in joining a team of motivated and skilled audit professionals. If you want to be challenged and offered opportunities to grow, consider this the next exciting and challenging step in your career!
Wawanesa is a policyholder owned mutual insurance company experiencing exciting transformation and growth and offers employees Career progression down a wide variety of paths! We are currently looking for dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals who will thrive in an environment which welcomes change.
Under general direction and supervision of the Manager, Operational Audits - Underwriting, the Senior Operational Auditor - Underwriting is responsible for planning and conducting operational, consulting, and regulatory compliance audits of Executive Office functions and Regional operations, to assess the adequacy of internal controls, the overall effectiveness of operations and to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Conducts complex and detailed audits of Executive Office underwriting functions.
- Conducts comprehensive audits of regional underwriting and privacy areas.
- Assists with supervising the work of the Operational Auditor - Underwriting.
- Performs complex audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops surveys/memos, and prepares final working papers.
- Identifies and documents complex issues and develops recommendations using independent judgement.
- Communicates the results of audits using written reports and oral presentations to senior management.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with key internal clients and various stakeholders.
- Assists with the annual risk assessment process and development of the annual audit plan.
- Assists with conducting special reviews of operational underwriting areas on an ad-hoc basis.
- Pursues professional development opportunities and professional association memberships.
- Represents Internal Audit on project teams and at management meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager, Operational Audits - Underwriting.
- Minimum 5 years Property & Casualty insurance related experience, including recent experience as an Underwriting Technical Specialist, Underwriting Supervisor or Commercial Underwriter.
- Completion of the CIP designation and commitment to obtaining the FCIP designation.
- Post-secondary degree/certificate or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel as required throughout the year to locations within Canada and the United States.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to meet project deadlines.
- Strong negotiation skills, including the ability to present issues in a convincing manner.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare clear and concise audit reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team.
Demonstrated ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, you can view a more detailed job description and apply online at www.wawanesa.com.
More search results
Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers - 286844
Claims Representative II – Bodily Injury
The Co-operators - 346886
Regional Compliance Officer- Toronto Office
BFL Canada Risk and Insurance
Property Field Claims Advisor
Desjardins Generail Insurance Group
Commercial LInes CSR/Account Manager
OTC Insurance Brokers Inc.