Commercial Lines Manager
This position involves working as a Commercial Lines Manager handling all matters relating to the staffing, retention and supervision of a commercial lines team. This candidate will be responsible for overseeing the daily work flows of team members and provide day-day-day direction, instruction and guidance to ensure company and team goals/objectives are being met.
The book of business handled within the unit consists mainly of Construction, Realty and Manufacturing and range from small to large-size accounts. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. They will become part of a team whose core objective is to service Masters’ commercial clients’ needs and exceed their expectations.
We offer a competitive, salary-based, compensation package including group health and retirement benefits. Choose a career with Masters Insurance Limited and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
- Act as liaison between Masters’ principals and a commercial lines team
- Perform Human Resources function, namely:
- Time and Attendance requests
- Determine the needs of personnel in the unit
- Participate in the recruitment phases with Human Resources to find a suitable candidate
- Provide projections for additional personnel needs
- Performance Management:
- Participate in setting department goals and effectively communicate department goals to team members
- Conduct all year-end and mid-year performance reviews
- Work with team members to set their own individual goals and establish how and when goals will be reviewed
- Foster an environment of communication, feedback and coaching:
- Provide advice and/or feedback to team members
- Establish and maintain regular team meetings to encourage team members to share opinions and new ideas
- Listen to team members’ feedback
- Maintain high level of knowledge and good business practices:
- Ensure Masters’ ethical way of doing business is adhered to and best practices are always maintained
- Identify any gaps in a team member’s job knowledge or skills and make recommendations to close the gaps
- Encourage all team members to participate in available training and education programs
- Monitor that team members are effectively and correctly applying any new learning
- Provide training to team members as necessary
- Develop and promote positive team dynamics:
- Create and maintain a positive work environment built around trust, honesty, open communication and creative thinking
- Maintain healthy group dynamics
- Encourage a cohesive team effort in achieving team goals
- Engage with team members to gather their input and opinions
- Ensure team members are treated fairly
- Intervene when necessary to aid the team in resolving issues
- Responsible for monitoring the department’s account receivables
- Regulates the Commercial File Audits which are a requirement of the Errors & Omissions Insurance Carrier
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience handling commercial accounts and managing a commercial lines team within a brokerage and/or Insurance Company
- University Post-Secondary Education Completed
- RIBO Licence
- Knowledge of construction insurance
- CIP and/or CAIB designation
- Familiarity with The Agency Manager (TAM), and/or Compu-quote
Skill Sets Required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Self-motivation with ability to problem-solve with limited supervision
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful of clients, co-workers and Management
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume, quoting this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We at Masters Insurance Limited are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive workplace. We will accommodate the needs of applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation we encourage you to contact us at (905) 738-4164 x113 or email email@example.com.
For more information about our company, visit our website www.mastersinsurance.com.
To view our current job postings, follow us on LinkedIn Masters Insurance | Financial.